Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
It sounds weird, but it's a great crunchy alternative to other cold picnic salads.
- 3 cups radishes, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, cubed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons Miracle Whip light or 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large lettuce leaf, for bedding (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine radishes, cheese, onion, garlic salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine salad dressing, sugar and mustard; mix well. Pour over the radish mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve on top of lettuce leaves; optional.
This is, without a doubt, one of the weirdest recipes that I've made. I just had to try it and see what it was like, and I really loved it. I halved the recipe, but probably had a little more onions than needed. It's a winner, and I will be making it often.
It sounded a little weird, okay, but tasted great! I made this treat for my BF who loves radishes (that may be because he's from the midwest, I dunno). Instead of miracle whip, I used a canola oil based lite mayo and only added 1 tablespoon of Splenda. I ate up the leftovers for breakfast, haha. Thanks for the recipe! Made for PARTY game, December 2009.
I decided not to give any stars because I want to try this again. I didn't have miracle whip or ranch and used light mayo. Maybe that is why I didn't care for the taste. Please don't get me wrong. I LOVE radishes and maybe I was just expecting that radish flavor....I really want to try this again and give it the stars it deserves. Thanks Parsley :) Made for PAC spring 2009