Prep 30 mins
Cook 28 mins
Radishes get the short end of the veggie stick - too hot for some, not versatile enough for others... well, these muffins disprove all that! Just like carrot muffins, these are filled with shredded radish which adds a nice spice note with the allspice and cinnamon. Sweet raisins buffer the heat too.
- 2⁄3 cup dark muscovado sugar
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat soymilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch stevia powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 200 g finely grated radishes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2⁄3 cup raisins, soaked in hot water and drained (I used my favourite kind, flame raisins)
- Preheat oven to 350?F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, soy milk, canola oil, vanilla and stevia.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice, mixing just until blended.
- Fold in radishes and raisins.
- Bake for 26 to 28 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack.