Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
from Washington County, KY Springfield Woman's Club cookbook. I have prepared this for years - and never fail to be asked for the recipe when I do
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup red radish, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 cup green onion top, chopped
- Cream cheese until smooth (I have found this works best if you leave it out of the refrigerator for a short time).
- Add radishes, onion tops and salt.
- Mix together and chill for 1 hour or more.
- Serve with wheat crackers.
- You can also mix all ingredients together in a food processor for a smoother blend.
I loved this as a sandwich spread, though I did make a couple of small changes. I mixed a little over a cup of finely chopped radishes with only 4 oz of light cream cheese and the chopped green onions (I used both the green tops and white bottoms). Skipped the onion salt and added a few shakes of black pepper and garlic powder. This would be good as a party dip or even on tortilla roll-ups. Next time I'll mix in a little minced jalapeno to make it spicy.
Made this for the girls at work. Some were radish lovers some weren't. It didn't go over real well there. DH said it was o.k. he is a radish freak. I'm giving it 3 stars because i'm going to play with it. I don't know why it didn't go over at work they will it anything but it is x-mas and our customers bring in goodies and i made 2 other dips. Mabey just food over load (can you imagine? LOL). We were real busy to so not much time to snack. I will update after i make again.
Great flavor combination! This is very similar to a low fat dip I make using cottage cheese (which I blend for about 2 minutes in the blender so that it is very smooth and creamy). I might also try this with half cream cheese and half blended cottage cheese. Would definitely make this again.