Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. I have just discovered recently that I enjoy cooked radishes. This sounds very tasty and I can't wait to try it.
- 10 teaspoons salted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (Namak)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (Nimbu)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons red radishes, grated
- Beat the butter until creamy.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- Add lemon juice, salt and Red chili pepper .
- Cook over a pan of hot water until slightly thick.
- Cool and mix whipped cream and grated radish.
- Serve with fried dishes.
I made this tonight. It is something else! I don't know who created it... but it is really good. Such simple ingredients can pack a ton of flavor. I think by using the double boiler method helps it a lot. It almost makes a 'buttermilk' flavor by using the cream and lemon juice in the butter. I was kinda not paying attention to the "serving instructions" (although the recipe "ingredients" that I made the sauce with were exact, including the grated radish), but I wrongly read step #6 and thought it said to serve it with "fried RADISHES". Since I had plenty of radishes left over, I sliced some and fried them up in EVOO with salt & pepper to use the sauce with! (Yes... I'm a dork!) Either way, it was great. Thank you for posting. (Next time I will try it with "fried DISHES"). Made for PRMR.