Recipe by Aroostook
Want something a little different? Try this one.. it has a bit of heat from the shredded radishes. This is a favorite for a picnic, potluck or a Baked Bean Saturday night supper. From my friend, Carol.
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
Thank you food processor. Shredding the cabbage really think is what seem to make it tender. I loved how colorful this was and how the carrots and radishes added sweet and hot dimensions to the salad. Served with "the best oven ribs" (here) for our Superbowl party. I think I might try this same salad with less mayo and just uping the sugar and the vinegar.
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded fine (I use green and red mixed)
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 10 radishes, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred cabbage, sprinkle with sugar and salt.
- Let set for two hours or longer.
- Turn mixture over a couple of time while cabbage is leaching its juices.
- Drain liquid from bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients, toss and serve.
- May be chilled and served the next day.