Recipe by Buster's friend
I have plans for my row of Russian Salad Rose radishes - this butter sounds like just the ticket. From Food & Drink - A weekly guide to enjoying eating from the Tribune.
- 6 radishes (French Breakfast or a mixture of red, purple and pink radishes)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and trim the radishes. If the leaves are tender and fresh, set a dozen or so aside, stems removed.
- Slice the radishes into rounds, then crosswise into narrow strips. Each should be tipped with color.
- Chop the leaves; you should have about 1/2 cup.
- Mix the butter and lemon zest until the mixture is soft, then stir in chopped radishes, leaves and salt to taste.
- Spread on slices of crusty baguette and serve.