Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a great colored and tasty comfort type of quick dish. If you happened to forget the upcoming date in February that revolves around love this may come in handy.
- Take your oats and strawberry syrup ( you can also use strawberry ice cream topping syrup or flavoring) placing them in a microwave safe container.
- Mix in the water evenly.
- You can also mix in 1 tablespoons of marsh mallow creme for extra sweetness.
- Once all of the ingredients are mixed in, the vanilla is optional, you will microwave it for about 1 minute and 20 seconds.
- Be careful when you take it out because it will be HOT.
- Enjoy it all by yourself or have your special subject ready for it.
- As additional yummie dipping dishes or toppings I like are cool whip, cinnamon, or additional marsh mallow creme etc. Ice cream could work too.
- You could also chill this for a summer snack.
I agree with Oolala that the red dye 40 isn't good for you, but this is a fun way to occasionally make your morning oatmeal more of a treat! I used Smucker's strawberry ice cream topping.
So pretty on this Valentine's snow day. I didn't use strawberry syrup but msde it pink by adding a few drops of red food coloring in milk (instead of water) and I added cinnamon and sugar and gave it to my youngest son for breakfast. I like a lot of your ideas for the future! Very healthy and versatile! I know the food coloring isn't healthy but at least it got him to eat it! Thanks and Happy Valentine's Day!