Recipe by Opossumgravy
This is a great colored and tasty comfort type of quick dish. If you happened to forget the upcoming date in February that revolves around love this may come in handy.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
I agree with Oolala that the red dye 40 isn't good for you, but this is a fun way to occasionally make your morning oatmeal more of a treat! I used Smucker's strawberry ice cream topping.
Directions See How It's Made
- Take your oats and strawberry syrup ( you can also use strawberry ice cream topping syrup or flavoring) placing them in a microwave safe container.
- Mix in the water evenly.
- You can also mix in 1 tablespoons of marsh mallow creme for extra sweetness.
- Once all of the ingredients are mixed in, the vanilla is optional, you will microwave it for about 1 minute and 20 seconds.
- Be careful when you take it out because it will be HOT.
- Enjoy it all by yourself or have your special subject ready for it.
- As additional yummie dipping dishes or toppings I like are cool whip, cinnamon, or additional marsh mallow creme etc. Ice cream could work too.
- You could also chill this for a summer snack.