Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found online; posted for safekeeping and ZWT 4. Originally from The Silver Spoon. Time is an estimate.
- 6 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 7 ounces radicchio, cut into strips
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 5 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Bring the stock to a boil. Meanwhile, melt half the butter in another pan, add the onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the radicchio, then stir in the rice and cook, stirring, until the grains are coated in butter.
- Pour in the wine and cook until it has evaporated. Add a ladleful of the hot stock and cook, stirring, until it has absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, and stirring until each addition has been absorbed. This will take 18-20 minutes.
- When the rice is tender, season with salt to taste, stir in the remaining butter and the Parmesan and serve.
This risotto is so simple and delicious! I never thought that radicchio can be used in a risotto. Add a glas of fine white wine and you got yourself a perfect week-day dinner.