Recipe by Dinglebop
This recipe comes from Snack Attack Cookbook for kids. It is easy, and does taste so good. Take it with you when you go and discover the great outdoors and hunger strikes you.
- 1⁄4 cup apple jelly (or your favourite jelly)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled quick-cooking oats (old fashioned)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put jelly, sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and over low to medium heat cook until all is melted and the sugar is well dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Turn off the stove.
- Add the rolled oats ( not instant) , nuts, seeds and coconut, stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the ungreased baking sheet 9 x 13 inches.
- Spread evenly and place in oven .
- Twice during the baking time open the door and stir with spoon.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Turn off oven, and using again those hot pads, remove from oven to a rack.
- Cool completely.
- Store cooled mixture in a plastic container and cover tight.
- Store in cool dry place for up to two weeks.