Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Great Taste-Low Fat published by Time Life. Use garden fresh for the best taste. might want to serve with a fruit salad with a lemon taste.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 8 ounces radiatore
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 zucchini, quartered lenghtwise
- Cut the peppers in half. Cut the Quartered Zucchini into slices.
- Preheat the broiler and roast the peppers. Remove skin and slice into thick slices. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling, blanch the garlic in the boiling water for 3 minutes. Save this water for the tomatoes. With a slotted spoon, transfer garlic to cutting board. Blanch the tomatoes in the boling water for 30 seconds. Save the boiling water and with slotted spoon move tomatoes to cutting board. Use a paring knife, peel tomatoes and chop coarsely. Mince the garlic. Set both aside.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until just tender. Drain well.
- In large bowl whisk the vinegar, mint, oil, salt and black pepper together. Stir in the peppers, garlic, tomatoes, and Zucchini. Add the pasta and toss to coat and combine. Serve immediately or chill for up to 4 hours. If chilled bring up to room temperature.