1/1 Photo of Radi-salat Mit Speck - German Radish Salad With Bacon
A wonderfully delicious way to serve radish. Posted in response to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean, peel and wash the white radishes.
- 2Cut the white radishes into coils with a radish cutter (if you don't have one, just slice them very thinly).
- 3Divide the coils into about 4 inch long pieces.
- 4Place the short radish coils into a bowl (set some aside and reserve for garnishing if you desire) and sprinkle with salt.
- 5Let the radish coils rest for 20- 30 minutes (the salt will draw some juice).
- 6In the meantime clean, wash and quarter each of the small red radishes.
- 7Wash, dry and chop the dill weed (before chopping the dill weed pull off some sprigs for decorations).
- 8Cut the bacon into small cubes or pieces and in a skillet fry the bacon until crunchy and largely drained of its grease; discard grease.
- 9Pour the oil and vinegar into the bacon in skillet and bring to a short boil.
- 10Remove the skillet from the stove.
- 11Pour the radish juice from the white radishes into the skillet to the oil-vinegar-bacon mixture and season with pepper; let mixture cool to warm temperature.
- 12Add the red radish wedges to the white radish and combine.
- 13Pour the vinaigrette dressing from the skillet over the radishes and let stand until completely cool.
- 14Garnish with reserved radish coils and dill weed sprigs.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Radi-salat Mit Speck - German Radish Salad With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 186.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar