Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
This one is for all the Hunter's.
- 1 raccoon
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup fat
- 2 cups broth
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Clean raccoon and remove all fat.
- Cut into 8 to 10 pieces, rub with salt and pepper and roll in flour.
- Cook in hot fat until brown,.
- Add the broth and hot sauce, cover and.
- simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
I am from South Carolina and love 'coon'. We usually boiled it off the bones and fry it in a skillet with lard and onions. If the coon gets too dry while add more lard. We serve it with dry white rice and collard greens. I will try your recipe.