Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
A very simple potato and cheese side dish. Posted for ZWT-6; from the Usborne Children's World Cookbook Gramma gave my son when he first started learning to cook.
- 4 medium potatoes (new potatoes or red potates are best)
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 ounces cheese (any kind, but Swiss Emmental or Gruyere taste great when toasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the potatoes, but do not peel them. Use the tip of a knife to cut out any eyes.
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold, salted water. Bring it to the boil and cook them for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut the cheese into thin slices.
- Check that the potatoes are cooked by pushing a sharp knife into one. It should come out easily.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool a little. Cut them in half. Lay the cheese onto the cut side of each potato.
- Put the potatoes under the broiler (or onto a grill rack) and cook until the cheese melts and starts to bubble.