Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Boil potatoes until tender, drain, cut into halves and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Trim rind off cheese and cut into 4 even pieces.
- Place one piece onto each of four ovenproof plates.
- Heat the cheese for a few minutes until thoroughly melted.
- Mix cheese with potatoes, onions and cornichons.
- Serve with crusty French bread.
mimi, your instructions were great and the cheese melted really well. the recipe really deserves a 5 , but to be honest my family didn't care for the aroma of the cheese and they couldn't get beyond that. i thought it was very good myself.
Mimi, I agree with Chia's review. We were dining at a great BBQ in Les Gets, France. It smelled wonderful. We inquired about raclette, and the host agreed to bring out the raclette oven. Even outdoors, the guests at the BBQ were asking what smelled so bad as we fired up our oven. One really must caution guests that the fragrance does not match the heavenly taste.