Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 hrs 30 mins
This recipe was published in Porc & Fils (Pork & Sons) by Stéphane Reynaud. Try this with a Cote de Rhone. This is amazingly simple but you have to plan ahead--the meat has to marinate for 24 hours.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces fresh gingerroot
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 pork chops, 1 rack
- 13 1⁄2 cups coarse salt
- Put the ginger, garlic, parsley, and olive oil in a food processor and process until finely chopped and thoroughly combined.
- Make small incisions in the rack at the ribs.
- Spread the ginger paste over the rack, wrap it in plastic wrap, and let marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 325°F Spread a layer of coarse salt in an ovenproof dish, place the rack on top and cover completely with more coarse salt. You can dampen the salt slightly to make it easier to shape.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours.
- Break the salt crust and place the rack on a carving board to serve.