Recipe by Jewelies
from Rick Bayless
Top Review by Chef floWer
Smelt divine, I made this for hubby and Little Miss (DD) and they both enjoyed it. I don't eat red meat, so I can't comment about the flavour, however I did sample the spice before I added on the lamb and it was yummy. I cooked it for about 35 minutes, (family prefers lamb medium). Served it with Recipe #264234 and steam broccoli. Thank you Jewelies
- 1 tablespoon annatto seeds (achiote)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken up
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 racks of lamb
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place annatto seeds, cinnamon, garlic, oregano, peppercorns, coriander seeds, cloves and salt in a processor and whiz up until combined.
- Then add vinegar and oil, and mix well.
- Cut little x’s in the fat of lamb racks. Then smear all over with the spice mix and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready, preheat oven to the highest degree.
- Sprinkle the lamb with flour and cook in the oven for 10-12 mins (for medium-rare).
- Serve with a simple green salad or beans on the side.