- 2 (907.18-1133.98 g) whole racks of lamb
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml fresh breadcrumbs
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 158.51 ml fresh sage leaf, chopped
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Season the lamb generously with salt and pepper.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over high heat, when very hot, add the oil and sear one of the racks all over until it is very brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a roasting pan fitted with a rack, laying it rounded side up.
- Repeat with the remaining rack.
- Cover with foil and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients, except the vinegar, in a food processor.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and process until it forms a paste.
- Press the paste onto the racks.
- Roast until desired doneness, 15 min for medium rare.
- Allow to rest for 5 min, covered, then carve and serve drizzled with balsamic vinegar.