1/7 Photos of Rack of Lamb With Sage Crust
Malarkey Test's Note:
A true classic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- 2Season the lamb generously with salt and pepper.
- 3Place a large cast-iron skillet over high heat, when very hot, add the oil and sear one of the racks all over until it is very brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer to a roasting pan fitted with a rack, laying it rounded side up.
- 5Repeat with the remaining rack.
- 6Cover with foil and set aside.
- 7Place the remaining ingredients, except the vinegar, in a food processor.
- 8Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and process until it forms a paste.
- 9Press the paste onto the racks.
- 10Roast until desired doneness, 15 min for medium rare.
- 11Allow to rest for 5 min, covered, then carve and serve drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rack of Lamb With Sage Crust
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1164.9
- Calories from Fat 820
- Total Fat 91.2 g
- Saturated Fat 39.8 g
- Cholesterol 187.4 mg
- Sodium 629.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves