1 hr 5 mins
When I first started seeing pomegranates available at the markets this year, I was at a loss for recipes to use them in. As kids we just quartered them and ate them like oranges. I haven't seen them for years until now--and they are everywhere! I am finding more recipes to use them in and this is a good one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large pomegranates, quartered
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated sea salt
- 3 (1 1/2 lb) racks of lamb, frenched
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1I quarter the pomegranates and cut out the white pith. Then it is easy to invert the quarters and get the seeds.
- 2It is also easy to get the seeds if you do it under running water.
- 3Set aside 1/2 cup for garnish.
- 4Puree remaining seeds in a processor.
- 5Strain into a saucepan, discarding seeds.
- 6Add broth, wine, molasses and bay leaf, boil until mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Season with salt & pepper to taste; set aside.
- 8For lamb: Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 9Crush mustard seeds and peppercorns, press into lamb and sprinkle with salt.
- 10In a skillet heat oil on medium high, add 1 rack of lamb, meat side down, sauté until brown, remove and put on a baking sheet, meat side up.
- 11Repeat 2 more times.
- 12Roast lamb 20 minutes for medium rare, or cooked to desired color.
- 13Cut lamb into chops, place on plates, drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rack of Lamb With Pomegranate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1292.4
- Calories from Fat 1001
- Total Fat 111.3 g
- Saturated Fat 54.8 g
- Cholesterol 275.9 mg
- Sodium 816.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 53.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: