Recipe by kiwidutch
I don't prepare lamb very often, but when I do, this is how I prepare. My family demands that we have this at all family get-togethers. Like I said in the title, it is some effort...but just wonderful! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 78.07 ml raw unsalted pistachios
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme leave
- 7.39 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 680.38 g lamb racks, frenched (8 chops)
- 6 slice pancetta, thin slices, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 8 scallions, white and tender green parts, trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pistachios, thyme and rosemary in a mini food processor. Add half of the olive oil and process to a paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour half of the pistachio pesto into a small bowl, stir in remaining olive oil, and set aside to use as a sauce.
- Spread some of the remaining pistachio pesto all over the lamb. Place strips of pancetta between the bones and wrap it around the meat, leaving bones exposed.
- Spread rest of pistachio pesto over pancetta and place rack in a medium-size roasting pan. Roast lamb until an instant-read meat thermometer registers 130 degrees, about 40 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes. Spoon 1 teaspoon of rendered pancetta fat into a medium-size skillet and heat over high heat.
- Add scallions and cook until softened and browned in spots, about 4 minutes.
- Cut rack of lamb into 4 servings of 2 chops each and arrange on plates, along with scallions. Drizzle pistachio pesto sauce all around chops and serve at once.