Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a gorgeous roast lamb recipe from the March / April edition of the Morrisons magazine. Serve it with the Garlic & Rosemary Roast Vegetables I also have listed for a perfect meal.
- 85 g day old bread, crusts removed
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 30 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 30 g pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 4 racks of lamb, pre-trimmed
- 1 lemon
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400°F Place the bread in a food processor withthe washed basil leaves, parmesan, pine nuts, oil, salt & pepper. Blend until it makes fine crumbs.
- Place the racks of lamb together in a roasting tin - bones facing down - pat the breadcrumbs onto the meat .
- Cut the lemon into wedges and add them to the roasting tin, along with the whole garlic cloves. Roast for 20 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes and roast for a further 10-15 minutes until the meat is cooked through in the centre.
- Remove the meat & tomatoes onto a warmed serving plate & leave to rest for 5 minutes. Place the roasting tim on the hob & pour in the balsamic vinegar & 2 tbsp boiling water. Heat through, stirring to incorporate any sticky bits at the bottom of the tin, & serve with the lamb roasted tomatoes & lemon wedges.