Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had olives I needed to use up, and a rack of lamb... The depth of the lamb really took well with the strong flavor of the crust. I served it with mashed cauliflower and cheese.
- 1 lb rack of lamb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 large green olives, pitted
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Chop the olives finely and mix with all other crust ingredients.
- Sprinkle the rack with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and sear the rack on both sides (about 1 minute per side), until browned.
- Transfer rack of lamb to a cookie sheet. Spread the crust ingredients over the top of the lamb, and sort of press it on.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 25-30 minutes. Then turn on the broiler and broil the lamb for about a minute to crisp up the crust a bit.
This is a great recipe. I have to admit, I looked to see where the chef who posted this was from because it is quite similar to an entree that my future Step Son created and had featured as a Special at the restaurant where he works (William Penn Inn, quite well known in my neck of the woods) throw out the mint jelly for this lamb recipe, it's a keeper. My only advise to others making this is to watch it like a hawk, because the olives can and will burn if not tended to.