Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This uses a mint gremolata instead of the expected persillade. Fresh mint has a cool bite that marries beautifully with the lamb -- it recalls the mint jelly that your mother used to pair with it, but without the heavy sweetness.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) racks of lamb
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and let it rest until it reaches room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Place in a roasting pan and roast for about 20 to 25 minutes for medium-rare.
- When the lamb has cooked for about 15 minutes, mince the mint, garlic and lemon zest until very fine, almost a paste.
- Note: Fresh mint will discolor almost immediately, so do this at the last -- about 5 minutes before you'll use it.
- Spread the mint gremolata over the rack of lamb and return to the oven for the final 5 minutes.
- Remove the rack of lamb from the oven and let it rest under a foil tent for about 10 minutes.
- Cut it into chops and serve.