Recipe by Abby Girl
I had never had made lamb this way before, so I was pleasantly suprised with the results from this mustard crust! My DH said that this was one of the best lamb dishes he has tasted! This can be made up ahead of time, so will save a lot of last minute cooking!
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- 2 racks of lamb, 8 chops
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear bread into pieces and place in food processor. Add rosemary, basil and garlic. Pulse to make fine crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet and sear lamb on all sides. This could also be done on the barbecue.
- Brush mustard over lamb, then press into crumb mixture. This can be done ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 400. Roast for 20 - 30 minutes for medium rare. Remove from oven and let lamb rest for 5 minutes before carving into chops.