1 hr 30 mins
A rack of lamb always means guests for dinner for me. An elegant presentation, but not a lot of work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 2 racks of lamb, each with 6 chops, trimmed
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 3A little water may be required if mixture is too dry.
- 4Season lamb lightly and press breadcrumb mixture firmly over fatty side of racks.
- 5Drizzle butter over crust.
- 6Place lamb racks, crust side up, in a baking dish.
- 7Bake for ¾- 1 hour.
- 8Allow meat to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- 9Drain off all but 2 tblsps of juice in pan.
- 10For Sauce: Place roasting pan on top of stove and stir wine and water into juices.
- 11Bring to boil, stirring well.
- 12Boil until reduced by half.
- 13Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Remove from heat.
- 14Whisk in butter, one bit at a time to emulsify the sauce.
- 15Blend in mint jelly.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rack of Lamb With Chive Crust
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.5
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 347.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
racks of lamb