Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
An epicurious favorite of mine. Feel free to experiment with the use of different herbs.
Make and share this Rack of Lamb With an Herb Crust recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 racks of lamb, French trimmed
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces parsley
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce whole grain mustard
- 12 small shallots
- 12 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1⁄2 cup ruby port
- 2 cups lamb stock
- 4 small fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 small rosemary sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil in a pan, and sear the lamb until golden brown. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, then remove.
- In a food processor, blend the breadcrumbs, parsley, and egg until fine, then season. Brush mustard onto the lamb, and coat with the mixture.
- Place the shallots and garlic onto a sheet of aluminum foil, and sprinkle with the brown sugar and butter. Roast in the foil parcel for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a pan, bring the port and the lamb stock to the boil, simmer until it has reduced by half, and season.
- Preheat the grill. Grill the lamb crust-side-up for 5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, and slice into cutlets.
- To serve, place a portion of the cutlets on each plate and arrange the shallots and garlic around. Drizzle the sauce around the plate, and serve with a sprig each of rosemary and thyme.