Recipe by Pianolady
Here is another awesome Ina Garten / Barefoot Contessa Recipe. It is not in any of her cookbooks, so I wanted to share it here! Oh so easy and ohhh so delicious. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Top Review by kelly in TO
Ohh!! that crust was so gooood! is what she said. Perfectly cooked, delicious crust on a perfectly medium rare lamb. We choose this last minute and it was really easy, with minimal prep work. Thank you so much for posting we will keep this on our list of favourites.
- 3 small racks of lamb, frenched (2 large)
- olive oil, to taste
- 7.39 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml of loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 14.79 ml of chopped garlic (3 large cloves)
- 236.59 ml fresh white breadcrumbs
- 9.85 ml of grated lemons, zest of (zest of 2 lemons)
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450º F.
- Place the racks of lamb in a roasting pan, fat side up.
- Rub the tops with olive oil, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast the lamb for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the parsley and garlic in the bowl of a food processor (fitted with the steel blade) and process until they're both finely minced.
- Add the bread crumbs and lemon zest and process for just a second until combined.
- Take the lamb out of the oven and quickly press the parsley mixture on top of the meat.
- Drizzle with the melted butter and return immediately to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Take the lamb out of the oven and cover with aluminum foil, allowing it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut the lamb in double chops and serve. Enjoy!