Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is a wonderfully DELICIOUS recipe, especially when you want to impress someone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 rack of lamb, trimmed & frenched (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (crushed)
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Season rack of lamb well on all sides with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat a medium skillet over high heat and, when hot, add the oil. When the oil is almost smoking, add the rack of lamb and brown well on all sides, about 6 minutes.
- 3Transfer the lamb to a plate and set aside to cool slightly before proceeding.
- 4Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 5Using the back of a spoon, spread the mustard evenly over all sides of the lamb. Spread the minced garlic over the lamb in the same manner.
- 6In a small mixing bowl combine the breadcrumbs and grated cheese and toss to thoroughly combine. Using your hands or a spoon, spread the breadcrumb mixture evenly all over the lamb, pressing so that the crumbs adhere to the meat.
- 7Place the rack of lamb on a baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes for medium-rare.
- 8Allow lamb to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before carving into chops to serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rack of Lamb (Mustard Crusted)
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 1672.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
racks of lamb