Alan Leonetti's Note:
This recipe is from The Plaza Hotel in New York that I slightly modified. If you have questions e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 rack of lamb (fat cap removed, frenched)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
- 10 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced in half)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (you may use red wine)
- 1 cup lamb stock or 1 cup veal stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1In a roasting pan with very hot olive oil, sear the lamb, fat side down first, until golden.
- 2Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- 3Brush the mustard onto both sides of the seared lamb.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Mix all of the herbs together.
- 6Dredge both sides of the lamb in the herbs, pressing lightly so that the herbs adhere.
- 7In the same roasting pan the lamb was cooked in, add the 10 cloves of garlic and place the lamb on top.
- 8Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 9Cook in the oven 15 to 20 minutes or until medium-rare.
- 10When cooked remove the lamb from the roasting pan and wrap in aluminum foil to rest.
- 11Place the roasting pan on top of the stove over medium heat.
- 12Remove the garlic and set aside.
- 13Discard all the fat.
- 14Add the white wine and the stock and reduce by half.
- 15Place the roasted garlic in a blender or food processor.
- 16Add the reduced stock and wine mixture and puree until smooth.
- 17Add the tablespoon of butter and pulse to incorporate.
- 18Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 19For a nice presentation, on a serving plate, stand the rack of lamb upright in a circle and secure with a skewer.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rack of Lamb (Herb Crusted With Roasted Garlic Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.8
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 714.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
racks of lamb
fresh sage leaves