Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this for dinner last night and it was awesome. The baked breadcrumb topping mixture is to die for! Recipe found on the internet.
- 1 rack of lamb (8 chops, frenched)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 slice bread, made into bread crumbs
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Sear rack of lamb all over in skillet that can be used in the oven.
- With food processor running, drop shallot and garlic into top tube and process until finely minced.
- Add parsley and process until finely chopped.
- Add pieces of fresh bread (about one slice) and process to fine crumbs.
- Remove from processor to a bowl and mix in melted butter.
- Pat bread crumb mixture onto top of rack of lamb.
- Roast at 450° for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If crumbs brown too quickly, turn oven down to 425°.
- Test with oven thermometer until done to your liking (My preference is to serve these medium with interior temperature to 160).
I love lamb - it is very expensive here in Canada so I am choosey selecting any new recipe before trying it - This one did not let me down. The crumb jacket became a lovely crunchy accent of flavor. The rack was cooked perfectly it was pink not rare and not overdone. Thanks Marie - welcome your recipe to my hall of lamb fame! — Aug 17, 2004, 3 members found this helpful Added comments comments This time I added a bit more parsley as you can see by the uncooked photo Love this recipe Thanks again Marie
I've had this recipe on my 'to-do' list for quite a while and I did it tonight. I have to say, first of all, that this is the first time I've cooked lamb for my husband (who claims he doesn't like it). It turned out wonderful and he ate most of it! I made this pretty much per Marie's instructions but used a stale french bread roll instead of a bread slice. I will make this again for sure. I submitted a pic for this, which shows the meat being medium-rare, which is how my husband and I like it....just roast a bit longer for a darker color. Thanks Marie for another keeper :)
The topping is absolutely amazing. The aroma of it while preparing and cooking in the oven had us salivating. I was nervous about making this dish because I had never cooked lamb before, but it turned about perfect with a beautiful pink center. This is definitely a keeper. I did add an extra slice of bread which helped make it more 'crispy', which we prefer.