Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A rich spinach-artichoke dip inspired by Alton Brown's recipe for Spinach-Artichoke Dip. Serve it very hot. Or you might try to freeze it for use when friends pop in.
- 1 cup frozen spinach, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender.
- Drain liquid off, pressing mixture in a strainer. Discard liquid.
- Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until soft and hot.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Microwave until dip is hot.
- Serve hot with chips.
- *Note: You could substitute Parmesan cheese for the Romano.