A nice veggie and flavor loaded mac and cheese dish that doesn't require making a sauce! Cavatappi pasta does well with this too. Good way to get your kids to eat their veggies and a good one-dish meal for vegetarians.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup macaroni (uncooked! To yield about 2 cups cooked macaroni)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 cup half-and-half
VEGGIES N FIXINS
- 1Divide the cheese into 1.5 cup and 1/2 cup portions, divide the cilantro into 1 tbsp portions.
- 2Cook the macaroni al dente in salted water, and put into a mixing bowl.
- 3Mix all the veggies and fixings together in a small bowl, add to the macaroni.
- 4In a 1.5 quart casserole dish, layer the macaroni mix and 1.5 cups of cheese to the top. Pour in the half-and-half.
- 5Top with the remaining cheese and cilantro and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350°F.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachel's Simple & Flavorful Garden Mac N Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.6
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 254.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 13.2 g