Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the "friends" cookbook. Rachel feeling sorry for herself for being a waitress, tells everyone; "I'm not just waitressing. I...I...also write the specials on the board and ..and I take the dead flowers out of the vase...and sometimes Arturo lets me put the chocolateblobbies on the cookies"
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 36 milk chocolate kisses
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- cream the butter, and peanut butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the sugars until all the way combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and the baking soda in a small bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and beat on low until just combined. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and put them on 2 large baking sheets (ungreased) leaving 2 inches between them. Bake until the edges of cookies are set and just brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Immediately press one chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie, let cool.