Recipe by Pastryismybiz
Crispy, garlicky chicken pieces "fried" in the oven. Dedicated to my 12 year old granddaughter who is a blossoming chef. If limiting fats see the alternatives to using butter below.
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut chicken breasts into 2X3" pieces.
- Add garlic to melted butter in a small bowl.
- In a flat pan combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, seasonings and parsley, stir with a fork until combined.
- Dip chicken pieces into butter and roll in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Alternative #1 to using butter. Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and spray with a low fat pan spray. Roll in crumbs and bake.
- Alternative #2 to using butter. Fork whip 2 egg whites till "loose" dip chicken in egg white then crumbs.
- If using whole cutup chicken, remove skin and increase above ingredients and cooking time to accommodate.