Recipe by the80srule
Potatoes made tasty and simple. This is good for 2 people to share, so use the recipe multiplier for more servings. Makes a healthier substitute for french fries, and a great side dish for a hearty meal in place of mashed or baked potatoes. I like this particular herb mix, but feel free to use pretty much any kind of seasoning in a 1/2 tsp-1 tsp amount. Montreal Chicken Rub is the perfect seasoning for this! And, this is vegan.
Top Review by Strawberry Shortcake's
Good recipe. I had them straight up from the recipe and they were great. The second time I spinkled them with barbecue seasoning (from Epicure) and they were a big hit with my family.
Thanks for the recipe
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 dash garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes into wedges shaped like large french fries, about 6-8 from each potato.
- Place the wedges into a large tossing/mixing bowl. Pour in the lemon juice and olive oil and toss well to fully coat the potato wedges.
- Put the spice mix (mine, a premade one, or your choice) on the potatoes and toss well to coat, shake any additional spices on if need be.
- Place the potatoes laying flat in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Turn them so the other sides can cook, bake for another 30 minutes.
- Let cool, blot off any excess oil, and enjoy.