Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mom has fixed this dish for 20+yrs and she fixes it for our family a lot! Almost every year someone in our family will request it for their Birthday dinner.
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion.
- Add soup, sauce, milk, and chilies; heat.
- Line casserole dish with a layer of chips, then layer of meat mixture. Repeat layers - ending with meat.
- Cover top with cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes @ 350*.
This was like enchiladas , in a casserole form . Mine took about 25-30 minutes to bake . My family thought it was VERY good . We served it with a dollop of sour cream on top . Thank You !