Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very yummy and easy fried ravioli. Feel free to use your own homemade ravioli, I had coupons for Buitoni so I got their whole-wheat 4-cheese ravioli, it turned out great. Using this to make fried gnocchi works well too! (I especially love frying up whole wheat pumpkin gnocchi.) Makes an awesome kid pleaser, comfort food, and party favorite.
- 24 ravioli, squares (about 48 if using mini raviolis)
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons whole wheat flour (you can use all-purpose flour if you don't have this on hand, batter should be runny but able to sti)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs, bread flakes (normal breadcrumbs will work too)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Coat the raviolis in batter, drip off the excess, then coat in the breading.
- Fry in the olive oil (I only needed a little bit to do a whole batch), about 2-3 minutes on each side, blot on paper towels.
- Shake some parmesan cheese or queso cotija on them.
- Serve with salsa and/or marinara sauce for dipping.
- NOTE: When frying, the raviolis may show thermal expansion if there's more air than cheese in there if you used storebought. This is totally normal; just fry it as usual though it may be harder to shallow fry in a pan like how I do. But don't pop it because the cheese will get everywhere and make a total mess.