I love how well Nesquik lends itself to baking! This recipe is wonderful for doubling to take to parties and potlucks. Concocted these based off my Pink Brownies recipe, except no additional cocoa powder is needed because there's already chocolate in them. Prep Notes- you can use self-rising flour if you omit the baking soda and salt; AP and cake flours need them or else it won't come out right. If you take out the butter and use all applesauce, use another 2-3 TB or else there won't be enough moisture. If using just one serving of applesauce, those little Mott's single serves are awesome. Can also sub 3 egg whites for the eggs. And of course, the peanut butter chips are what makes it special, but sub regular chocolate chips for traditional brownies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (use dry cup set to measure! Not a liquid measuring cup)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup reese's peanut butter chips
- 1Semi-melt the butter in your microwave-- not completely melted, about halfway with the rest of the butter very malleable.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, dark brown sugar, and applesauce together with an electric beater or whisk.
- 3Beat in the Nesquik and vanilla.
- 4Beat in the eggs or egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Gradually add in the cup of flour. It should have a very thick, creamy, chocolatey consistency like those frosting commercials.
- 6Beat in the salt and baking soda-- skip this step and ingredients if you are using self-rising flour.
- 7Whisk in the baking chips until well blended, and grease an 8x8 square pan with cooking spray.
- 8Pour the mixture into the pan and make sure it is even.
- 9Bake for 15-20 minutes at 375F, or until set.
- 10**If doubling-- just double all the ingredients and follow the steps exactly the same, except you'll pour the mixture into a greased 11x7 pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachel's Fantabulous Nesquik Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.6
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 203.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g