Recipe by RaeMay
Originally these were just called "dickles" but my boyfriend's family found such humor in the name that they renamed them after me. This has been a staple party food in my family for ages and it sounds strange but it tastes awesome!! It's easy and fast and the name is great for a laugh!! **Serving numbers are up to you and prep time is affected accordingly**
- 12 ounces dill pickles
- 8 ounces philly cream cheese (NOT LOWFAT)
- 8 ounces dried beef (thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a knife to spread the cream cheese on the dried beef. (This can be a little tricky so be gentle with the beef and you'll have the technique down in a snap.).
- Wrap the beef around the pickles and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- EXTRA NOTES:.
- I know LowFat or NoFat cream cheese is healthier but the taste with the pickles is not as good. I can't make you use the regular but at least I've given you fair warning.
- The pickles seem to be more cooperative (unless they're baby dills) if they are quartered and all are more cooperative when dried with a paper towel.
- If you find it easier you could "butter" the pickle instead of the dried beef.