Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
I like mine with hardly any broth that way I'm filled up on meat and veggies instead of broth. Cooking time includes having the chicken cook. You can cook chicken while prepping other ingredients to cut down time.
- 1 chicken breast (diced into small cubes)
- 10 baby carrots (diced)
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes with bell peppers (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (Use less if you want it to be less spicy.)
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 2 qts water.
- Let chicken fully cook.
- Cut up chicken.
- Place chicken cubes back into the pot.
- Put vegetables in the pot with the chicken and let cook until vegetables are semi-firm. Dump the tomatoes into the pot.
- Put spices in last.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.