Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in an American Girl magazine. My family loves for me to make these. They disappear very quickly.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 158.51 ml milk
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml softened butter
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix the first seven ingredients to make the dough.
- Form a large ball and cut into 16 pieces of similar size.
- Roll each piece in your hands to make a snake.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and form into letters or shapes.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle on salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
I gave my 3 kids this recipe and let them loose in the kitchen. They had a blast making these and they were VERY tasty. They are going to bake a batch of them up for the church bake sale! Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
Very easy to assemble. Made pretzel sticks, twisty pretzels. Sprinkled the tops with sesame seeds. Family loves these with lunches. Thank you!