Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This comes from my very good friend Rachel and is very easy to make. Be warned though that it is very tempting to eat the lot all on ones own....LOL
- 1 (250 g) packet plain sweet biscuits (vanilla wine or super wine biscuits in NZ)
- 1 cup dried apricot (chopped)
- 4 ounces butter (113g)
- 3 ounces brown sugar (85g)
- 0.5 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- Crush the biscuits and mix with the chopped apricots.
- In a pot melt the condensed milk, butter and brown sugar together (Do not boil).
- Mix with the biscuits & apricots.
- Press into a greased sponge roll/slice tin.
- Refrigerate and cut when cold.
Yum, very easy to make. Decided to ice with chocolate icing made with equal quantities of chocolate and butter melted. Even though I'm not big on dried apricots this was still very nice. Will definiately make again, perhaps will try other dried fruit.
Jo, this recipe is totally identical to one given to me by a New Zealand friend... her only difference is the optional adding of chocolate chips at the end once the main mix has cooled just slightly, which I did since I had some, (choc chips are hard to get here in the Netherlands, I only have them occasionally). These are a favourite in my DH's family and since everyone is coming around for my son's 2nd Birthday party tomorrow I made this becuase I know it will please the crowds. I line my dish with plastic wrap and then press the mixture in, once it's been in the fridge and firm, all you have to do is to cut it down the middle first and gently ease it out on both ends.. peel off the plastic wrap and cut it easily into squares on a cutting board. Great recipe, definiate crowd pleaser and one I make over and over and over, both with the choc chips if I have them, and without :) Thanks !!!