Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is not the lowest fat recipe in the world but it's so good! =) I use crisp tart apples and find that it nicely compliments the sweet crust.
- 236.59 ml butter (no substitutes)
- 295.73 ml oats
- 295.73 ml brown sugar
- 295.73 ml flour
- about 4 cups thinly sliced apple
- Combine all but the apple until crumbly.
- Pat half in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Pour apples over crust and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 until apples are soft.
- Very good warm, cold, or with ice cream.
This came out exactly as I would expect and want my apple crisp to look and taste: crispy oats and just-sweet-enough apples. We'd like to see better guidance for cooking times -- a rough estimate would help. I cooked this for 35 minutes. In any case, great apple crisp!