Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is my daughter's own recipe. She was 11 when she came up with this. It's a little thicker than soup, so I call it "Stewp". Feel free to substitute or leave out some ingredients.
Top Review by Bert's Kitchen Witch
We really enjoyed this "Stewp". I think Rachel is a great little Chef to be! We did skip the noodles and flax seeds, and used rice and lentils. I also left out the egg,just because I do not eat them.All in all, I think Rachel deserves encouragement as an inspiring chef! Thanks Sweetie, and keep on cooking!
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 big carrots, chopped
- 1 pinch dill
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed, ground (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon apple juice or 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1⁄2-1 cup lentils, cooked according to package directions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 cup cooked noodles
- 1 medium onions, minced or 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup dry brown rice, cooked according to package directions or 1⁄2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste if not using Adobo)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 4 cups water or 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- If using brown rice, precook for 30-35 minutes. Add in at step 8.
- In a large, heavy bottomed stew pot, brown the ground beef and minced onion in a little oil until no longer pink; drain.
- Add adobo, basil, dill, garlic, Italian seasoning, marjoram and salt (and pepper, if using). Mix together.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, white rice, apple or orange juice, honey, V-8, zucchini and water (or broth).
- Mix thoroughly; bring to a boil and turn down to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the noodles according to package directions; drain.
- After stew has simmered for 15-20 minutes, add the noodles, peas, corn, and cooked lentils.
- Drizzle the beaten egg over the top of the soup and mix into soup.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the flax seed just before serving.