Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Rachel Ray's Big Orange Book
- 3 large poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- tomatillo, peeled, rinsed, and halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- 3 cups tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (~ 1/3 lb)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat broiler to high. Place poblanos under broiler and char until blacked on all sides, 10-12 minute Leave oven door open for steam
- Heat EVOO in high-sided oven proof skillet over med-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown lightly, 3-4 min, then stir in onions, jalapeno, and garlic.
- Cook 5 min to soften onions.
- While mixture cooks, place the tomatillos and cilantro in food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour tomatillos into chicken mixture and stir.
- Stir in chicken stock and honey, season with salt and pepper, then simmer for 10 minute.
- When poblanos have cooled, remove seeds, chop the peppers, and stir into the chili. Remove the chili from the heat and stir in lime juice.
- Spoon dollops of creme fraiche onto the chili, spacing them evenly across the pan.
- Cover the surface with layer of crushed chips and top with swiss and monterey jack cheeses.
- Place under broiler just until brown and bubbly, 30 seconds - 1 minute.