From Rachel Ray's Big Orange Book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- tomatillo, peeled, rinsed, and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 3 cups tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (~ 1/3 lb)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Heat broiler to high. Place poblanos under broiler and char until blacked on all sides, 10-12 minute Leave oven door open for steam
- 2Heat EVOO in high-sided oven proof skillet over med-high heat.
- 3Add chicken and brown lightly, 3-4 min, then stir in onions, jalapeno, and garlic.
- 4Cook 5 min to soften onions.
- 5While mixture cooks, place the tomatillos and cilantro in food processor and process until smooth.
- 6Pour tomatillos into chicken mixture and stir.
- 7Stir in chicken stock and honey, season with salt and pepper, then simmer for 10 minute.
- 8When poblanos have cooled, remove seeds, chop the peppers, and stir into the chili. Remove the chili from the heat and stir in lime juice.
- 9Spoon dollops of creme fraiche onto the chili, spacing them evenly across the pan.
- 10Cover the surface with layer of crushed chips and top with swiss and monterey jack cheeses.
- 11Place under broiler just until brown and bubbly, 30 seconds - 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachel Ray's Chili Suizas Bake
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.4
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 168.8 mg
- Sodium 434.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 46.9 g