Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Named after the lead female character of GLEE, Rachel Berry, this jam is sweet, rich and quite the "Triple Threat"!
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh, hulled and lightly crushed
- 1 1⁄3 cups raspberries, crushed (thawed from frozen is ok)
- 2⁄3 cup blackberry, crushed (thawed from frozen is ok)
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope liquid pectin, Ball brand
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Prepare: Sterilize 9 8 oz jam/jelly jars and prepare two-piece canning lids according to manufacturer's directions (this may be one more than you need, but it's nice to have in case of overflow jam).
- Sort and wash fully ripe strawberries; remove stems and caps. Lightly crush strawberries, you want to have some solid chunks of fruit. Crush raspberries and blackberries fully.
- Measure out sugar into a bowl, set aside. You will be adding sugar all at once.
- Cut top off liquid pectin pouch, set pouch upright in a glass for easy access.
- Cook: Add berries and lemon juice to pot, bring to simmer. Add sugar and stir well. Place on high heat and, stirring constantly, bring quickly to a full boil with bubbles over the entire surface that cannot be dissipated by stirring. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to boil and cook for one minute more. Remove from heat, skim foam.
- Jar: Funnel hot jam immediately into hot, sterile jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars with a dampened clean paper towel; adjust two-piece metal canning lids.
- Process: Place completed jars in a Boiling Water Canner on full boil for 10 minutes (or recommendations based on your altitude). Remove from water, let sit for 5 minutes before removing jars to towel lined counter/table to set for a minimum of 24 hours.