One of Racheal Ray's recipes - from Rachael Ray Yum-o cookbook, c. 2008. Serve with gravy (recipe included here). She serves this with scallion mashed potatoes and green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 -6 stalks celery & leaves, from the heart, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag stuffing cubes, such as Pepperidge Farm
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a large skillet heat the 2 tablespoons of EVOO with 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, and the bay leaf, season with salt and pepper, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the stuffing cubes to the skillet, season with poultry seasoning, then moisten with 4 cups (1 quart) of chicken stock. Discard the bay leaf. Place the stuffing in a bowl and cool.
- 3Once the stuffing is cool enough to handle, add the turkey and the egg, and season with salt and pepper. Mix the turkey with the stuffing. Form the meat mixture into 2 long loaves on a non-stick baking sheet. Drizzle the loaves with EVOO and bake for about an hour, or until the meatloaves are brown and cooked through and they register 165 degrees F on the the meat thermometer.
- 4FOR GRAVY: Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a sauce pot. Add the flour and whisk over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in the remaining 2 cups of stock and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until it thickens.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael's Turkey Stuffin' Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.0
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 215.6 mg
- Sodium 825.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 38.6 g