Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Aaahhh .... this is the recipe I've been searching for! You can find these pretty much everywhere in the deep South, and although they might not appeal to people from other parts of the country, they're a true Southern tradition. Recipe originally posted at allrecipes.
- 1 lb raw peanuts, in shells
- 1 (3 ounce) packagedry crab boil (such as Zatarain's Crab and Shrimp Boil)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper flakes
- Place peanuts, crab boil, jalapenos, garlic powder, salt, Cajun seasoning, and red pepper flakes into a slow cooker. Pour in water to cover the peanuts and stir to combine. Cover and cook on Low until peanuts are soft, at least 24 hours. Stir occasionally, and add water as needed to keep peanuts covered. Drain; serve hot or cold.
Phenomenal recipe! I have never tried boiled peanuts until I moved to FL in 2001. Now I live in Plano TX and I'm unable to find any gas stations that make boiled peanuts :( . This recipe is spot on with the cajun seasoning and spiciness, realy takes me back to when I lived in FL. This is a keeper and will be making this over & over. Highly recommended if you like real spicy boiled peanuts. Thank You for sharing this recipe!
Great recipe. Very similar to what you would find at a roadside peanut stand in the south. A little on the spicy side, but everyone who tried them loved the cajun flavor. I definitely recommend this one!