Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
This is one of Rachael Ray's recipies. My husband clipped it out of the paper and asked me to make it for Thanksgiving. I was glad that I did! It is very easy and very good! (It can be made 2 days ahead and just thrown in the oven for 45 minutes before the turkey comes out.)
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 stalks celery, finely diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 8 cups seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet and add the sausage, crumbling it into small bits as it cooks.
- Add onion and celery and saute. Brown sausage lightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste - go easy.
- Add broth, parsley and poultry seasoning and bring to a bubble.
- Add stuffing mix and combine until liquid is absorbed. Grease a flat pan and form a rounded loaf out of stuffing mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake at 350 with turkey until crispy on top and warm through, 35 - 45 minutes.
- Loosen with long, skinny spatula and slide over to warm serving platter.
- Can be garnished with fresh whole cranberries nestled in leafy kale along the rim of the platter.