Recipe by Pamplemoussee
This isn't exactly her recipe, but I have to give her credit. I saw her make this on her show the other day, and it just looked so tasty However I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, so I improvised. If you want to try her recipe go to http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/yakitori-noodle-bowls/ and follow the recipe. Here's my version. I've reduced the amount of scallions and added carrots for extra veggies. I also skipped on the sherry and went with stock because I didn't have any sherry. Also didn't have tamari, but soy sauce is the closest equivilent.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for our lunch and it was delicious! I added a little garlic, a few fresh pea pods (which I had left) and some waterchestnuts. DH totally enjoyed it. Thank you for an easy and delicious dish! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 6 -7 scallions (one bunch, cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown chicken pieces with grated ginger, salt and pepper. Once browned add scallions and carrots. Cook veggies for a moment then add stock, soy sauce, terryaki sauce, cornstarch and sugar.
- Bring sauce to a boil and simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Drain pasta. Stir together pasta and chickn mixture. Serve topped with toasted sesame seeds or plain.